Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Winter schminter

Welcome to January in Kansas. Most of our days have been sunny, high 50's, and not a cloud in the sky. Then one day a week, it will be high in the 20's with a winter mix which is melted away the next day. I wish that it would get cold and stay cold for about two weeks, Carter is begging me to go play in the snow, but we don't have any! And I would love for this rotten bug to die off, we all have a cough and sniffles but nothing else, so please let it get cold for at least two weeks and kill everything off! We have been taking advantage of the wonderful weather, playing outside and going on "winter walks" as Carter calls them, thanks Nick Jr. lol. I'm kinda bored though, nothing really going on with a 4 yr old and almost 2 yr old that have plenty of toys from Christmas and birthday to occupy them, so I watch, sometimes they let me play but I'm a girl. Mostly I'm taking pictures. Not fantastic pictures by any means but I think this will be a photo a day kinda year, much to everyone's disdain. Actually, Jaxon poses and says, "CHEESE!" Carter says "cheese" in a mean voice and won't look up, he's all boy these days.
Just for giggles, I did a trial run on potty training Jaxon yesterday, he was a bit "freaked out" by the process, however, his naked tushy provided lots and lots of laughter for Drew and I. He did understand when he needed to "go" he just was confused on the where. He would sit on the potty, giggle, stand up, run away, then pee on the floor. Or he'd make it back to the potty, sit for 1/2 a sec, stand up and pee on the floor. I think I'll wait until after his birthday and try again and in the meantime, keep our potty in plain sight so he can try it if he feels like it.
Carter's birthday was fun, I made a "batman" cake which was my usual, yellow cake, choc icing w/ sprinkles, then I piped a bat symbol on it. Not great but it made Carter feel special and that's really all that counts. :)
Getting to be king for the day at school is pretty special too!


No comments: